Lose 10 pounds

Lose 10 pounds

May's challenge: Lose 10 Pounds

This month's challenge is to lose 10 pounds.



The Plan



To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. Simple math. So why are diets so complicated?



I decided to take everything I had ever read or tried and combine them in a simple formula: KIF.



Kinetic Focus: Exercise everyday.



Inner Focus: Ask yourself, "Will I feel guilty if I eat this?"



Food Focus: Be a vegetarian.

If you are following along with my little experiment, here is the official "warning": Before you begin any exercie or diet program, consult your doctor.

Okay, so there you go.




Three simple ways to stear myself to eat less and move more.

























Friday, April 30, 2010

Reflections

The best part about completing this challenge is that I had to experience many different teachers. Each person comes to yoga from a different style and philosophy. I learned to appreciate the differences in each one o them. I am grateful to all the teachers I have had over the past thirty days. Each one has a special talent and gift to share. The yoga nazi pushed me hard; the yoga whisperers offered gentle encouragement; the true yogi stretched my beliefs; the muscle yogi taught me not to judge by appearances; and the yoga master reminded me I have oh so far to go.

Although it seemed as if I did this challenge alone, I had the support of very good friends and family. I made it thanks to all of them.

Namaste.

No comments: