Lose 10 pounds

Lose 10 pounds

May's challenge: Lose 10 Pounds

This month's challenge is to lose 10 pounds.



The Plan



To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. Simple math. So why are diets so complicated?



I decided to take everything I had ever read or tried and combine them in a simple formula: KIF.



Kinetic Focus: Exercise everyday.



Inner Focus: Ask yourself, "Will I feel guilty if I eat this?"



Food Focus: Be a vegetarian.

If you are following along with my little experiment, here is the official "warning": Before you begin any exercie or diet program, consult your doctor.

Okay, so there you go.




Three simple ways to stear myself to eat less and move more.

























Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 2

It's hard to stay focused when everyone is partying.


To celebrate my son's birthday, we went to a chain restaurant. (His choice. He turned 13, so I was thankful he didn't choose McDonalds.) Looking over the menu I realized there wasn't a vegetarian option. I was determined not to spoil my challenge on day 2, but I also didn't want to take away from his special day.

With no fan fare or complaining, I pieced together a "meal" of a garden salad and a side of mashed potatoes which was as filling and tasty as it sounds. I scoped the table for any vegetarian leftovers. On the one side of the table sat chicken wings, steak, hamburgers- nothing there. On the other side of the table was chicken alfredo, pot stickers, and - viola! Spinach dip.

I casually asked for a "taste" which was met with an enthusiastic "absolutely". As my tasting continued the owner of the spinach dip annoyingly pushed the plate in front of me saying, "I'm done." To which I answered, "Are you sure? Well, I don’t want it to go to waste." (I wonder how many meals I have overeaten on this one small excuse which is probably a leftover Freudian conditioning corralary to : clean your plate. There are people in (fill in the country) who are starving.)

Nevertheless, my second day as a vegetarian was a success especially since I was able to eat a large piece of birthday cake- guilt free! That was the best part of the day.

No comments: