Lose 10 pounds

Lose 10 pounds

May's challenge: Lose 10 Pounds

This month's challenge is to lose 10 pounds.



The Plan



To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. Simple math. So why are diets so complicated?



I decided to take everything I had ever read or tried and combine them in a simple formula: KIF.



Kinetic Focus: Exercise everyday.



Inner Focus: Ask yourself, "Will I feel guilty if I eat this?"



Food Focus: Be a vegetarian.

If you are following along with my little experiment, here is the official "warning": Before you begin any exercie or diet program, consult your doctor.

Okay, so there you go.




Three simple ways to stear myself to eat less and move more.

























Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 18

The days are flying by…


I made it to Hot Yoga today. I had to move the "block" cart- you know the little cart that has all the bricks, mats, and foam blocks waiting to be borrowed. I was constantly watching out for the man in front of me whose rather large foot kept creeping back over my mat.

It was a difficult session. For one thing I was tired. I had stayed up late the night before and the multiple sessions of Yoga are beginning to both take their toll on my body while at the same time awaken muscles. Of course these muscles have been dormant for years and they don't come willingly out of their hybernation. Overall I feel better, but the heat bothered me a lot today- that and the wayward foot of my neighbor.

It was also difficult because the yoga whisperer was more like the yoga cheerleader. She confessed to having coffee this morning which was something she hadn't done in over a month. Near the end of the session when she was coming down from her caffeine jolt, she earned her nickname: "SSH!" she said, "Sit. Stay. Heal. When you sit still and stay through the pose when you want to fall out is when you heal yourself."

I will always think of the yoga whisperer when I remind myself to sit, stay, heal.
Sit. Stay. Heal.

Challenge Counter:
Number of Hot Yoga Classes: 10

YEAH! Half Way There!

No comments: