Lose 10 pounds

Lose 10 pounds

May's challenge: Lose 10 Pounds

This month's challenge is to lose 10 pounds.



The Plan



To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. Simple math. So why are diets so complicated?



I decided to take everything I had ever read or tried and combine them in a simple formula: KIF.



Kinetic Focus: Exercise everyday.



Inner Focus: Ask yourself, "Will I feel guilty if I eat this?"



Food Focus: Be a vegetarian.

If you are following along with my little experiment, here is the official "warning": Before you begin any exercie or diet program, consult your doctor.

Okay, so there you go.




Three simple ways to stear myself to eat less and move more.

























Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 19

Another one bites the dust…


Today the yoga whisperer pushed us hard - although she was probably just keeping beat with the Hendrix, Stones, and Zeppelin blasting from her iPod.

"Try to put a smile on your face today as you practice," the yoga whisperer said as she continued to keep pace in 4/4 time. I had to reach for my water bottle more than usual. "I wouldn't drink too much water before ab work," she warned.

Too late.

I had already chugged half of my water- to the beat of "All of my Love". All I could think about while "hovering" with shoulders and feet off the mat was, "Just hold your water." When "ab"work was over, the collective and thunderous grunt that equaled the om chanted at the beginning of class earned us an admonishment from the yoga whisperer. "That was a dramatic way to end our ab work. That's all I have to say. "

Ouch.

But we all made it through, bruised egos and sore muscles, to rock out the rest of the day.


Challenge Counter:
Number of Hot Yoga Classes: 11

No comments: